Home » Home & Interiors » Navy Blue and Pink Bedroom Inspiration

Navy Blue and Pink Bedroom Inspiration

Navy blue and pink is a beautiful colour combination that can work in any room, from downstairs bathrooms to kitchens, master bedrooms to home offices.

If you’re looking for blue and pink decor inspiration you’re in the right place. This is a colour scheme that has been popular for some time now, and it’s easy to see why.

Below, you can find some of the best ways you can mix blue and pink together to create a space that is calming and bang on trend.

Dark Walls and Pink Furniture

Blush pink sofa with navy blue walls and grey cushions
Photo credit: https://www.love-your-home.co.uk/

You can choose to paint your walls dark blue and add bits of pink via your furniture. Doing this means you can be versatile with the amount of each colour you want to include: more pink and less blue, or more blue and less pink, or more neutrals with slight touches of pink and blue.

The photo above comes from Love Your Home. I saw it on their Instagram and love what they’ve done. The white rug brightens the whole thing, lifting the brightness of the pink, and the darkness of the walls.

Becky has also done the same thing with her pink chair paired with navy blue walls.

Photo credit: https://www.instagram.com/becky_booth08/

She’s tied the whole thing together by adding a dark blue cushion to the snuggle chair, and using a contrasting navy blue pouffe. This room can take the bold blue walls because it has a large window that lets in lots of light, as well as a white fireplace and shelves to break it up a little bit.

Dark Blue Walls with Pink Accessories

Instead of choosing bold, pink furniture pieces, you can use the pink as a small accent to accompany the blue, like Victoria has done.

Blue and pink bedroom: dark walls with pink artwork and cushions on bed
Photo credit: https://www.instagram.com/victoriawrighthomestyle/

Her walls are the true feature here, painted quite a dark blue, but she has a white bed and bedding, and has used light pink and dark blue cushions on the bed. The large painting above the bed also helps to break up the monotony of the blue, and has lots of pink accents in it to tie everything together still. I think it really works.

Blue and Pink Accessories

Finally, you can tone the whole thing down, like Amy has done, and choose a dark blue sofa with slight pink accessories in a bright, white room.

Blue sofa with pink armchair and cushions
Photo credit: http://amiecorley.com

There are no dark blue walls in site, but she’s chosen to use the pink and blue in the furniture only, and add pink accessories. The blue sofa goes really well with the blue kitchen island behind it.

_________

__________

Pink Accessories

If you’re scared of using too much pink, you can add touches via your home accessories. This could be in the form of a throw, cushions, bedding, rugs, etc.

The beauty of doing this is you can easily change these things without having to completely redecorate. Buying new cushion covers and throws would be relatively cheap if you’re on a budget, but could transform a room.

Pink and Blue Moodboard

Pink and blue bedroom inspiration moodboard
Moodboard

Chair – Cult Furniture- £149 + | Paint – Valspar – Some Starry Night | Pink Fluffy Cushion – Debenhams – £28 | Blue and Cream Cushion* – B&Q – £11| Abstract Art – Etsy – £12.40 | Wooden Flooring – Wood and Beyond – £70 per box | Floor lamp – Cox and Cox – £112.50

*This post contains affiliate links which means I may earn a commission when you purchase something through said link.

Sarah Macklin
Sarah Macklin

Sarah is the creator and founder of Dream of Home, a website that began during Sarah’s first home renovation project. Since then, the site has grown and Sarah produces content around all things home, including home decor, DIY projects, renovation tips, inspiration and more. In her spare time, she loves to read and garden.

Find me on: Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

17 Comments

1. Annie Webb
    December 21, 2018 / 5:36 pm

Hi Sarah,
    Love your blue and pink. I have just recovered my old living room sofa in dark blue velvet. The pink in your scheme looks really sophisticated and inviting. I think the trouble with guys and pink is that it has girly connotations which their delicate ego’s can’t be doing with. But in my opinion they get over it after they have lived with it for some time.

Keep going it’s great!

Annie

• sarahaelsley
      Author
      December 21, 2018 / 5:49 pm

Thanks so much Annie! Hopefully I’ve convinced him that pink isn’t necessarily girly!

2. January 9, 2019 / 1:18 pm

I love that combination! I have a similar battle on my hands, as I’m hoping our bedroom will be grey and blush pink (I think my husband is going with this – I live in a house with 3 boys, I need to get some pink in somewhere!). I hope you manage to bring him round! #HomeEtc

• sarahaelsley
      Author
      January 9, 2019 / 1:42 pm

Grey and pink is so good too! Everyone needs a bit of pink in their house…

3. January 10, 2019 / 9:59 am

This is such great timing for me as I am planning our bedroom makeover and am trying to decide between dark blue or dark green! I think you are swaying me to blue! x #HomeEtc

4. January 12, 2019 / 3:41 pm

I am SO here for blue and pink. We have a grey and blush pink bedroom combo and it works really well, sometimes other halves just can’t see the light. Thank you lovely for joining in with #HomeEtc

5. January 16, 2019 / 10:31 am

Blue and pink is one of my favourite ever colour combinations and I love all the inspiration you’ve rounded up here! Definitely go for it x #HomeEtc

• sarahaelsley
      Author
      January 16, 2019 / 10:37 am

Thanks Meera! I love it too.

6. January 22, 2019 / 9:01 pm

I love the blue and pink combination, they look great together and give rooms a contemporary look. I’ve just painted my study blue and I’m planning on adding some pink accessories.
    #HomeEtc

• sarahaelsley
      Author
      January 22, 2019 / 9:04 pm

Blue is such a good colour for a study, thanks for commenting!

7. February 2, 2019 / 3:14 pm

I for one absolutely love navy blue and pink together as my teenager daughter chose it for her bedroom. We ended up going for one dark blue wall and the others blush pink. It works really well. I did the same as you and did a mood board on Pinterest first. Our master bedroom is a kind of moss green which I also love.

• sarahaelsley
      Author
      February 2, 2019 / 3:23 pm

I love green too! I’m still torn between dark green and dark blue, I love them both. Thanks for commenting ?

8. February 2, 2019 / 5:42 pm

Aaah it’s such a lovely combo Sarah!! Our bedroom was deepest darkest navy until a few months ago! But paired with a myriad of colours, rather than just the one. It’s definitely an easier way to sell ‘blush’ to a man, that’s for sure!! My husband didn’t seem to notice all the pink, once the walls were inky blue! Pop and have a look — https://www.thetwinklediaries.co.uk/a-colourful-bedroom-makeover/ — Thanks so much for linking up to #HomeEtc xx

• sarahaelsley
      Author
      February 2, 2019 / 5:46 pm

Ooh thanks for the link! I’ll go check it out now, and I like the ‘blush’ instead of ‘pink’ idea!

9. October 28, 2021 / 9:29 am

The theme looks tremendous and the interior texture makes it slicker and up to the trend, thanks for it.